Halo Infintiy
Please register or log in to continue
Halo Infintiy
Please register or log in to continue
Halo Infintiy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Infintiy

Join up in the United Nations Space Command or the Covenant Empire. Fight for your belief, your honor, your survival.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Arrival

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DominionGeneral
Sargent/Ultra
Sargent/Ultra

Equipment
Primary Weapon: UNSC- M392 Designated Marksman Rifle
Secondary Weapon: UNSC-M7/Caseless SMG
Armor: Spartan- Recon

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:50 pm

The roar of the engine blocked out the sounds of the thunderstorm. A UNSC Pelican glided steadily towards its destination. Spartan 223 looked at the giant UNSC airfield looming ahead. He checked his tacpad and sighed. It was 2 o'clock in the morning and he was up preparing to dock at the biggest airfield on planet Earth. Huge searchlights illuminated his armor while he loaded his trusty DMR with 15 magazines worth of bullets. He quickly strapped in a belt of frag grenades and adjusted his helmet. He had to look his best for the company of soldiers waiting for him in the hangar. "223, you ready to dock?" asked a the pilot over the Pelican intercom. "Yea Kimberly...." 223 sighed. As the Pelican slowly descended to the docking bay in the hangar, a huge clap of thunder seemed to shake the very ground itself. 223 jumped out of the cargo bay of the Pelican and landed with a thud in front of a company of soldiers. "Welcome aboard Spartan 223." said a grisly voice. 223 noticed this voice belonged to the commander of the company. "Ah,Commander Smith." 223 said with a slight grin as he popped off a salute awkwardly. "Alright, let me fill you in," Smith said. "You see, as you know, you just graduated from the Spartan training facility under the tutelage of Spartan 117 himself. As a Spartan, a graduate makes you higher than even a Marine Lieutenant. We have personally requested you to join out forces as we are about to take on a serious mission. You, along with this company of 500 marines will infiltrate a Covenant Destroyer just outside the Vanguard System. You will use slipspace travel to reach the system and will infiltrate and destroy this Covenant vessel before it reaches the outskirts of the Solar System." "Alright, but I hope you don't mind. I brought a little backup." 223 said with a smirk. Just then, several figures appeared from inside the Pelican cargo bay.
Back to top Go down
Midnightshadow
Private/Minor
Private/Minor

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:34 am

Another clap of thunder roared as a slim figure appeared in the distance,
"HOLD IT! IS THAT AN ENEMY?" Someone shouted out arming themselves.
"Hold fire, I believe I know this soldier" another replied.
The figure continue walking and as he walked into the frayed group of soldiers he pulled out a silver badge,
"713" was engraved into the metal.
"The unknown soldier, at your service" he said as he snapped the badge back into it's place.
"I trust you have made yourself ready for the tests?" 223 asked.
"Yes. whatever you have to throw at me...I'm ready" the soldier replied blunt and quickly.

Now standing in the center of a circular room with bulletproof metal and one-way glass observation areas above.
Doors began to open with heavily armored robots coming out.
The silent soldier stood unarmed, the only thing he had were his hands.
The first robot drew close as he stood perfectly still.
The command was screamed by the controller from above,
"ATTACK!" He shouted.
The robots all raised their weapons and charged, The soldier jumped forward and grabbed one by the arm,
With sheer brutality he ripped the metal arm from it's socket and pulled the gun from it's grip.
He turned the gun on it's master and blew the circuits from it's "head" and threw the robot aside.
He turned and threw the now worthless arm at the other robot lodging it into it's side.
He then charged forward and jumped, landing a deadly kick into the robots shoulder as he shot the other.
The unknown soldier had felt bored at this point, was this really all he had to do to pass a test to gain such a high honor?
Back to top Go down
DominionGeneral
Sargent/Ultra
Sargent/Ultra

Equipment

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:00 am

223 looked with a smile of satisfaction on his face. Commander Smith said over an intercom, "Alright Mr. Unknown Soldier, good work taking out those Elite attack dummies." As the door lifted and 713 stepped out, 223 walked over to Smith. "So, is he in on the mission?" 223 asked with a grin. "Yea, he is soldier. Now everybody, line up in the Frigate. We've got some Covenant bastards to kill." Smith replied. The 500 marines quickly boarded the UNSC Frigate in orderly rows as 713 and 223 stayed behind. "You two are the most lethal soldiers in this mission. I expect both of you to come out of this unscathed. Save every man in my company that you can; I feel personally responsible for their lives." Smith said to the two Spartans. "Don't worry Commander, you're company is in good hands with us." 223 responded as he nodded in the direction of 713, who was boarding the Frigate. "Well then soldier, Godspeed....." Smith said as 223 boarded the Frigate and the hangar hatch was closed. Commander Smith's face was the last thing 223 saw before the hatch snapped shut. 223 felt the floor beneath him jerk a little as the Frigate lifted off the airfield hangar and ascended into space orbit. A voice said sharply over the intercom, "All UNSC personnel aboard the UNSC Vortex prepare for slipspace transition. Please review your tacpads for any additional information on OPERATION: MAELSTORM." 223 glanced at his tacpad for a split second, and saw a huge Covenant Destroyer hovering in the center of a massive stellar expanse of space. Suddenly, the Vortex jumped forward so sharply it threw all the soldiers against the walls. The Vortex activated its Slipspace drive and jumped through the portal with massive velocity. A second later, the voice said over the intercom, "We have arrived at nav point. All soldiers board your UNSC Saber-Class rocket with your gunner. 223 nodded at 713 as they both slipped in a Saber. 223 grabbed the driver seat and left the gunner to 713. As the entire company left the Vortex and headed toward the Covenant Destroyer, 223 said to 713, "Hang on, it's gonna be a doozy....."
Back to top Go down
DominionGeneral
Sargent/Ultra
Sargent/Ultra

Equipment

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:19 pm

(Thread moved to Battlegrounds.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arrival   The Arrival I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Arrival
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Halo Infintiy :: UNSC Command :: Airfield-
Jump to: