Halo Infintiy
Please register or log in to continue

Halo Infintiy

Join up in the United Nations Space Command or the Covenant Empire. Fight for your belief, your honor, your survival.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Spamming our site.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jakob
Private/Minor
Private/Minor


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Spamming our site.   Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:54 pm

Hello, I am Jakob Zaborowski, a moderator at the website The Halo RPG which is the most popular Halo themed role play on the internet since 2007.
We have recently gone through some hard ships with a poor staff that caused many to leave our site and we are trying to recover. Many have came back and us staff are trying to remove the damage.

So it is getting annoying that a member called covenantsquad is constantly coming and urging people to come here. Although we feel no ill will against you and your site, we also understand it is small and needs help, we do not want you on our site unless you actually want to contribute something. We welcome advertising, even for other Halo RPG's with admin supervision. However, the member in question came to our site, randomly posted a thread asking everyone to come to your's and comes back occasionally to spam our Cbox.

Please. Stop. Now is all I can ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowOfAMan
Private/Minor
Private/Minor
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Citadel

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Armor: Sangheili- SpecOos Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Ok, first of all.. WTF. Arlunis hasn't on for a long time and he's the one advertising. Second of all.. This is a false accusation against us. I'm not that afraid to sue you for blaming us for spam. Third of all.. Don't join just to say this. We are an RP site, not your little place to rage at others that want to RP with people. Shut the **** up before I go on your forum and spam it to ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jakob
Private/Minor
Private/Minor


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:50 pm

ShadowOfAMan wrote:
Ok, first of all.. WTF. Arlunis hasn't on for a long time and he's the one advertising. Second of all.. This is a false accusation against us. I'm not that afraid to sue you for blaming us for spam. Third of all.. Don't join just to say this. We are an RP site, not your little place to rage at others that want to RP with people. Shut the **** up before I go on your forum and spam it to ****.

I tried being respectful and this shows your maturity. We have several witnesses of his messages in the chat box and I could link you to one of the topics. You can not sue us for accusing you of spamming us, even if you did you would have no case. I joined to inform you and last I checked there was no alternative way of informing you.

If this is what you promote, this is obviously a childish site for childish people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowOfAMan
Private/Minor
Private/Minor
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Citadel

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Armor: Sangheili- SpecOos Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 pm

95% of the people on our site don't know about yours. The only person that does is me and Arlunis, Arlunis is covenantsquad, and I haven't made a ****ing account yet. Arlunis hasn't been on for ages. Whoever spammed you probably felt sorry for our site. You have no proof it was us. Shut up before I make you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jakob
Private/Minor
Private/Minor


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:12 pm

See my post on our site for proof and such, because I can not post links here.
Also, you are dyeing and have almost no members. We are lively and have plenty, along with actually knowing what we are doing. IF anyone needs pity it is you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowOfAMan
Private/Minor
Private/Minor
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Citadel

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Armor: Sangheili- SpecOos Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:17 pm

What thread? I don't want you on here because you just joined to put this in, we want roleplayers. Not angry site mods. That's why I want you to ******* leave. I can be mature, but I'm not mature to people who join just to warn a site to stop doing something even though the site has barely any connection to whatever problem!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowOfAMan
Private/Minor
Private/Minor
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Citadel

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Armor: Sangheili- SpecOos Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:19 pm

You're just hogging all the members, I bet we're more orderly than you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jakob
Private/Minor
Private/Minor


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:20 pm

ShadowOfAMan wrote:
What thread? I don't want you on here because you just joined to put this in, we want roleplayers. Not angry site mods. That's why I want you to ******* leave. I can be mature, but I'm not mature to people who join just to warn a site to stop doing something even though the site has barely any connection to whatever problem!

1. The thread 'ashadowofaman' has been posting in, you know, on the website you get when you type Halo RPG in google.
2. I am not angry, you are angry. I do not get why you would think that.
3. I would RP if your site was not so childish and immature.
4. Never warned you of anything, I asked you.
5. In the thread I posted a link to the spam thread.

Also, our site is not a jumbled cluster fuck of threads, for instance, it took me ten minutes to realize where I should post this. On our site it would take seconds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowOfAMan
Private/Minor
Private/Minor
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Citadel

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Armor: Sangheili- SpecOos Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:27 pm

You tell lies.
1: We are NOT childish.
2: I am angry because you accused us of spamming!
3: I saw a bit of warning. It shouldn't really hurt you if I saw it as warning.
4: What section?
5: Arlunis talked with the community before posting it, it is not technically spam, you just saw it as spam.
6: Probably because you're used to the way you layed out yours! You're barely used to how Metal made our layout!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jakob
Private/Minor
Private/Minor


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:32 pm

ShadowOfAMan wrote:
You tell lies.
1: We are NOT childish.
2: I am angry because you accused us of spamming!
3: I saw a bit of warning. It shouldn't really hurt you if I saw it as warning.
4: What section?
5: Arlunis talked with the community before posting it, it is not technically spam, you just saw it as spam.
6: Probably because you're used to the way you layed out yours! You're barely used to how Metal made our layout!

1. The random cussing, threats and insults mark you as such.
2. I accused some one with relation to this site of spamming.
3. I never gave warning, once.
4. No, your member never really posted anything else and occasionally comes back and gives us chat messages which encourages us to move here.
5. You have over ten sections for seemingly random things that could all be summed up in one like ours is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowOfAMan
Private/Minor
Private/Minor
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Citadel

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Armor: Sangheili- SpecOos Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Jakob wrote:
ShadowOfAMan wrote:
You tell lies.
1: We are NOT childish.
2: I am angry because you accused us of spamming!
3: I saw a bit of warning. It shouldn't really hurt you if I saw it as warning.
4: What section?
5: Arlunis talked with the community before posting it, it is not technically spam, you just saw it as spam.
6: Probably because you're used to the way you layed out yours! You're barely used to how Metal made our layout!

1. The random cussing, threats and insults mark you as such.
2. I accused some one with relation to this site of spamming.
3. I never gave warning, once.
4. No, your member never really posted anything else and occasionally comes back and gives us chat messages which encourages us to move here.
5. You have over ten sections for seemingly random things that could all be summed up in one like ours is.

1: Because I'm angry. Not because I'm immature.
2: You accused my friend, Arlunis. Ever heard of accuse one accuse the rest?
3:Like I said, it's my opinion and it shouldn't hurt you.
4: As far as I'm aware, Arlunis never did such thing.
5: It's our layout, it helps us never lose a thread from too many of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jakob
Private/Minor
Private/Minor


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:52 pm

ShadowOfAMan wrote:
Jakob wrote:
ShadowOfAMan wrote:
You tell lies.
1: We are NOT childish.
2: I am angry because you accused us of spamming!
3: I saw a bit of warning. It shouldn't really hurt you if I saw it as warning.
4: What section?
5: Arlunis talked with the community before posting it, it is not technically spam, you just saw it as spam.
6: Probably because you're used to the way you layed out yours! You're barely used to how Metal made our layout!

1. The random cussing, threats and insults mark you as such.
2. I accused some one with relation to this site of spamming.
3. I never gave warning, once.
4. No, your member never really posted anything else and occasionally comes back and gives us chat messages which encourages us to move here.
5. You have over ten sections for seemingly random things that could all be summed up in one like ours is.

1: Because I'm angry. Not because I'm immature.
2: You accused my friend, Arlunis. Ever heard of accuse one accuse the rest?
3:Like I said, it's my opinion and it shouldn't hurt you.
4: As far as I'm aware, Arlunis never did such thing.
5: It's our layout, it helps us never lose a thread from too many of them.

1. You make your entire site seem immature.
2. I never accused him, I accused some one of the name covenantsquad. I had no way to know of a connection.
3. I gave proof he did.
4. You do not seem like you are getting many threads and having ten thousand section filled with two threads each is inconvenient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowOfAMan
Private/Minor
Private/Minor
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Citadel

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T33 GML (Needler)
Armor: Sangheili- SpecOos Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:02 pm

1: How do I? It's not like I'm the site ambassador!
2: He said what his username here is clearly in the thread you're complaining about. You know.
3: Ten thousand? A little exaggeration, don't you think? There is more than 2 threads in each though.

Found the thread. This other ShadowOfAMan is not me. He doesn't have any connection to this site, either. Maybe he looked at this site. Go ahead and ban him if he's the problem, not gonna make an account, anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZZ Sangheili Arlunis ZZ
General/Field Marshall
General/Field Marshall
avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Battleship Control Center

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 LAAW (Fuel Rod Cannon)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T1 Energy Weapon/Sword
Armor: Sangheili- Field Marshall Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Jakob wrote:

So it is getting annoying that a member called covenantsquad is constantly coming and urging people to come here. Although we feel no ill will against you and your site, we also understand it is small and needs help, we do not want you on our site unless you actually want to contribute something.

Oh?? Is this so??

1. Constantly coming back urging people to come here? I only made 1 or 2 posts. WTF?

2. Our site was dying, I just wanted more people on here. However, I guess I failed, as activity on here is pathetic. So go ahead, go back to your site and try to cut off another RPG site, doesn't mean anything to me. I've been to your site, and it's too strict for my taste. I already deleted that account, so who cares.

3. This is what you do? I ask for more members, and a person shows up only to stop us from doing that. Thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jakob
Private/Minor
Private/Minor


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:25 pm

If you people woulds pend the time to read my topic instead of getting angry and moving straight to the reply box, you would see I say I welcome advertising with admin permission.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZZ Sangheili Arlunis ZZ
General/Field Marshall
General/Field Marshall
avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Battleship Control Center

Equipment
Primary Weapon: Covenant- T33 LAAW (Fuel Rod Cannon)
Secondary Weapon: Covenant- T1 Energy Weapon/Sword
Armor: Sangheili- Field Marshall Harness

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:30 pm

I was just reckless when I advertised, sorry for the trouble, mate. I have just been having a crappy day.
Besides, I guess there's no point in arguing if this site is already dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jakob
Private/Minor
Private/Minor


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Sorry for the trouble, if you ever want to RP you are welcomed at Yappa's. Can not say the same for Shadow though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Spamming our site.   

Back to top Go down
 
Spamming our site.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Anyone know a good overseas site to buy cd's from?
» The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy
» Translate the site
» new brute on your site^^
» Do NOT steal our pictures

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Halo Infintiy :: Out Of Context :: Discussion-
Jump to: